Energy and Building Performance Engineer
Madison office location
Seventhwave is seeking candidates with a desire to apply both reason and creativity towards the
creation of a sustainable energy society. We are a private non-profit organization that is missiondriven,
independent, and objective. We seek practical solution paths among a world of
competing interests to create a more energy efficient and healthy built environment.
• Work with clients to envision more energy efficient buildings.
• Evaluate comfort and quality impacts of design options.
• Use energy modeling software to inform design decisions.
• Clearly communicate results in written, graphical, and presentation formats.
• Manage several projects simultaneously.
• Drive innovation in internal tools, process, and practice.
Join Seventhwave and be part of:
• An independent nonprofit seeking solutions to energy challenges
• A passionate, dedicated and talented staff
• National, regional and local initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint
• Award-winning programs that make a difference
For more information about Seventhwave, please see: http://www.seventhwave.org/buildings
• A bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or equivalent professional experience
• Minimum two to four years relevant professional experience
• Fundamental knowledge of building energy systems, energy analysis, thermal science, and
building design and construction.
• Proficiency with energy modeling software such as eQUEST, TRNSYS, TRACE, EnergyPlus
or other similar software
• Knowledge of relevant building energy codes, green building rating systems, and ASHRAE
• Proficiency with basic computer software such as MS Office, Autodesk
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent communications skills
• Extensive experience with OpenStudio
• Experience in 3D modeling software such as Rhinoceros, Sketchup, or Revit
• Experience in daylight analysis and simulation
• Knowledge of indoor environmental considerations such as IAQ, thermal comfort, lighting and
• Ability to communicate ideas through sketching and layout of storyboard concepts to nontechnical
• Programming/scripting languages such as Python
• Lighting and lighting controls design experience
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite